Sun, 06 Aug|
Bristol Castle Park Start
Bristol Humanist History Walk - Sunday August 6th
Time & Location
06 Aug, 10:30 – 17:00
Bristol Castle Park Start, Broad Weir, Bristol BS1 3XB, UK
About the event
Bristol Humanists will be hosting the Bristol Humanist Heritage Walk. This tour around central Bristol will look into the lives of local free-thinkers and atheists who helped shape the city, and the country, in the 19th century and later.
Take a walk around Bristols historic centre and discover:
- who was Emma Martin (advert for her lecture above) was and why she matters;
- who was banged up in Bristol Gaol and why;
- what was the local radical newspaper the Oracle of Reason, and;
- where you would have found the Hall of Science.
- who was selling radical books and fireworks in Narrow Wine Street ?
- what was the connection between some of Bristol 19thc Freethinkers ?
- and lots more
We have researched and arranged a tour of key locations and people in the C19th history of freethought in our city. This event is FREE, but numbers are strictly limited. RSVP to avoid disappointment. Details on Meetup https://www.meetup.com/bristol-humanists
Exact location and meeting point will be advised to those registering for the event